Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Thoughts On Senator David Vitter's Don't Count Illegal Aliens Plan

I am supporting David Vitter in his U.S. Senate race. Still I don't agree with this. I find the whole thing Unconstitutional.

True many people support it but well people support things that are likely against the Constitution all the time. After examining the arguments for this I find them very lacking. Our founding document in the relevant places seems to make repeatedly the distinction between Citizens and inhabitants (persons).

Unless conservatives are now embracing the "Living Constitution" concept to be consistent I don't now they can support this.

I very well can't advocate a Public Meaning concept of the Constitution that is also Scalia viewpoint, and support this.

On this issue if you people do not want them counted then they need to get an amendment.

Also despite what some people are saying counting illegal aliens is not what is going to make Louisiana lose a Congressman. It is the thrid decade of population loss that is doing that. Heck we better be counting every illegal we can in Louisiana.

See here for the legal arguemnt.

No comments: