Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Dig these Catholic Black Vestments!!

More Please. Catholic Key has Real Men in Black . . . Vestments

I guess one of these days I need to the will thing . My immediate Family is not Catholic so I better lay it out my future funeral in very specific detail so it does become a liturgical disaster and I not being able to do a darn thing about it :)

I don't want to give the largely 85 percent of the likely Southern Baptist crowd to get the wrong impression. We got to wow them when we have the chance even in death and passed on. Plus it gives them something to talk about in a small town for a few days. Evangelcials I think want to be wowed at Catholic services and I think are disappointed when they are not . Sort of like going to James Bond movie and walking out and going well that one sucked.

I think I will include Black Vestments.

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I really like the black vestments! I don't ever recall seeing them before.

One day I really need to put together a will. I've bugged my husband about it a few times, but it's one of those things we just don't get around to doing.

I definitely have to spell out what I want when I pass away because my husband left the church a very long time ago and to be honest,I don't even think he believes in God anymore. He's not an easy person to reach when it comes to religion (he wasn't like that when we were dating.)

I have to be sure there is a Mass and a real Christian burial. I don't want to be cremated and have my ashes spread all over the place. I hope he follows through. That's a real fear of mine..that he won't allow a Mass.

James H said...

I suspect he will follow through. Again the key is just letting it known inclduing your priest and friends.

I have to admit I have never thought of this till this year but I realize uf soemthing happens to me I need to write down what I want

Chris Osgood said...

I will have a set of black vestments for sure! Although that is still 7 years away lol.

Chris Osgood said...

the problem is not every priest has a set of black vestments.