Monday, November 9, 2009

The Fall of The Berlin Wall Makes Me Feel Old

I have seen today on the whole most people don't see the significance.

For most of my youth I lived within miles of Barksdale Air force Base in Bossier City Louisiana . This is where the B- 52's were stationed with the the ultimate "bombs" on board. In other words for all my youth I had to fear being pretty much killed in minutes as it was a main target.

I can still recall the excitement my class at Louisiana Tech had the day the Wall came down. We got a glimpse we did not have to live that terror. Just a few years before that seemed like fantasy land.

We were truly blessed that day. Do people not too much younger than I realize the significance of that?

1 comment:

real estate in BC said...

I exactly remember the day when the Berlin wall fell. I was sitting in front of TV and couldn't believe what was happening. The atmosphere was amazing people lost fear from communism and expressed what they were feeling. I was just afraid that army would interfere against people like it was in 1968 in Czechoslovakia. Fortunately, nothing like that happen. I was very happy like that people in Berlin who reunited.

Best regards,
Jay