Wednesday, August 1, 2012

USA Olympic Gold Medalist Missy Franklin Considers Converting to Catholicism Because of Catholic School


Well Three Cheers for one Catholic School.

From Swimmer says having ‘world’s best’ friends, family keeps her grounded



.................... Franklin is not a Catholic, but she said life as a student at a Jesuit-run high school has her considering joining the church.



“My experiences at Regis Jesuit have absolutely impacted my spiritual life, in so many ways. I am considering converting to Catholicism; I’m currently Protestant,” she said.


“Going into Regis Jesuit, my faith was not a very big aspect of my life. Taking my first theology classes, going to my first Masses, going on my first retreats, I began to realize how important God is in my life and how much I love him and need him,” she continued.


Franklin said her relationship with God grew so much in her first three years at the school. “I am very happy with where I am with him right now, although there is a lot of more work to do,” she added.


Her junior year really affected her. “I have had two of the best experiences of my life,” she said, referring to the annual Kairos retreat for juniors she attended and her participation in a two-week service project.


“Both of these changed my life,” Franklin said. “I am so thankful for Regis Jesuit, for they have brought God and so much meaning into my life.”





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In fact, you could feel very energized and light
after the how do u get your boyfriend back.

Feel free to surf to my webpage - gevandov.com