Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lots of Eastern Orthodox Coming To Shreveport

Which is unusual !!

I was slightly complaining about the signs of the time as to local newspaper coverage. The Louisiana Methodist are meeting here this week. That has got some substantial coverage in the past but not this year.

This weekend the Diocese of Shreveport is having a big event for our 25th anniversary. The fact that the Holy Father made Shreveport a See was viewed as something significant by the media when it happened. So we shall if the paper covers that.

Again I understand with budget cuts FAITH reporting has taken a hit. Which I think is bad because I think Religion can "sell" and people are interested in it.

It appears the a part of the Eastern Orthodox Church is having a huge event in Shreveport next week. I would love to have coverage of this too. We shall see.

No comments: