Saturday, May 10, 2008

In Honor of the LSU /Missssippi State Baseball Game-Another Look at Father Burke Masters

It is a bitterweet weekend for LSU fans and fans of College Baseball period here in SEC land. After 70 years we are playing the last games in Alex Baseball Stadium. LSU was the last hold out on "moving on up" to the new stadiums that are now across the SEC in fact the nation. Lots of memories. I know I have a good many from my time down there.

Well LSU is sending off the stadium in style. Besides a ton of activities the TIGERS are playing their hearts out. They just beat Mississippi State again in Game 2 of a three game series. I will give a roundup after game three and have that on Monday.

Anyway because of history it is fitting that Mississippi State come down and close the stadium out with us. (Tough we are hoping we can get a NCAA regional and perhaps have one fling).

I was thinking about the pastgames between LSU and State and the history of the two programs when I recalled I did a entry on one of Miss State's players last year. So here is a post on his interesting story

SEC Baseball Star to Catholic Priest- Father Burke Masters

No comments: