Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Louisiana Catholic Blog Update for May 27th 2008

St Louis Cathedral in New Orleans


I took the Memorial Weekend off from the Louisiana Catholic Blog update. I was out of town. We shall try to get updates our this week for the next two days. I shall being leaving early early Friday Morning to watch LSU play Ball and then I am going to Jackson Miss for a Family Reunion for the rest of the weekend till Sunday Afternoon. So here we go!!!

For The Greater Glory has Graduation to Memorial Day

Ville Platte Catholic Youth Group has an exciting post up. He is going on a Pilgrimage. Like a real one to Europe and stuff. GO see Accepting Prayer Petitions for Pilgrimage to Banneux . It has lots of links and he will carry your petition over. He also has information on a event that is coming in Louisiana that will have the best of Catholic Rock and Praise movement. GO see Rock the Block Steubenville Warm-up. It is in Alexandria , which is of in the middle of the state and pretty close to everybody here in the Bayou State.He has lot so links to the people appearing. He has a nice post here at 2008 Solemnity of Corpus Christi. Included in that link is t one that shows how his Parish celebrated it in pictures!! I can tell right away by looking at those pictures and how the Liturgy is celebrated why they have such a good youth group

I am about to faint!!! The Last Bastion of Tradition has updated!! Two great posts here at Way to go Jim!!! and Paul VI saw liturgical abuse as "smoke of Satan" . Keep posting Bastion :) He was on my links of possible removal but now since I realized he has not died he had got a reprieve till Labor Day. I am lenient blogmeister here and so easy to please!!!

Footprints on the Fridge has Like Coming Home

A Number of Things has Thank you, Flowers and Frogs

Full Circle has My general opinion on the birthing climate in Louisiana and The end times: Theys a comin' Oh how I loved this show when I was kid. Go see his entry Hey youuuu guuuuuuuyyyyys!!! Great news he will be speaking at an engagement this summer. Go see Mark your calendars: I'll be speaking tentatively on Aug 21 . He has this post also The love of moms for their boys .



Alive and Young has Not Said By Jesus Sunday and Who I Am Makes a Difference



Vox Feminae has like the coolest husband and coolest dad in Louisiana. I mean good grief what dad has this in the garage at Memorial Day with M20 Armored Car Also go see Kyrie Eleison . She has a nice report on Bishop Duca's first Mass in his Cathedral at Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi)

Thoughts & Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has Great Story about what furnature ought to be... I know it's wierd, go with me. Also see Q & A about 'Church & State' and Q & A about 'Keeping up with the times'. He has A Very Interesting (and potetenially controversial) quotation here. He has a review of Atonement....

Father also put his Homily up(which I like when he does that) at My Homily for Corpus Christi - a bit of a Jerimiad. He also talks about a issue we are dealing with here in Louisiana at No real need to legislate science ed thetowntalk.com



Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks has Trust. A fun picture here at She's a Little Bit Country . Also she has pics here at What Do You Do at a Family Reunion?



The always fun Maudie in Mandeville has Liars, panderers, and the annoyingly ignorant , Global warming weenies , and Teachers and parents, beware of Head Start children .



Our Catholic Deacon from New Orleans Life on the (L)edge has MY HOMILY FOR THE FEAST OF CORPUS CHRISTI Also see MORE FOR THE MONTH OF MARY (MAY)
and BETTER LATE THAN NEVER



I really missed this Saint Day today!!! I have not done my Liturgy of the Hours since Friday (bad me). GO see Fr. Victor Brown’s Catholic Daily Message post Feast of Saint Augustine of Canterbury (27 May 2008)


Thy Nose to the Marble. of Father Decker has a picture up that appears to intrigue him (I don't get it) here



I really think that Catholic Tube has updated of course with a ton of vids. I am having a problem with his page loading on my computer but be sure to check him out. I will list all the vids he has done since Friday in the next post anyway.

Lastly do not forget to go to theThe Louisiana Brown Pelican Society( lay Louisiana Catholic organization) for his ton of links he has up everyday updating us on all the Catholic related news we need to know

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

James,

Once again, thanks for doing the Update.

Our liturgy at Our Lady Queen of All Saints certainly is beautifully done. Unfortunately, our pastor, Fr. Neil McNeill, is being transferred.

I'm sure our bishop will make an inspired appointment to replace him, but maybe not someone so attached to the beautiful forms of the liturgy.

On an important note: I will not be doing any updates on my blog for the June or July, due to travel arrangements.

So, blogmeister, please don't assume I've died until you hear otherwise.

God bless you, and have a great summer.

(By the way: while I'm on pilgrimage, I'll be praying for you and all the great Catholic blogs that help to build our faith.)

James H said...

I will note you are on leave lol The trip sounds fun. Are you going with a group?

Anonymous said...

I'm going with my wife and daughter. My wife is from Belgium, and we're going to see her family.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to do too much else. One euro costs, like, $1.60.

Plus, everything already is more expensive over there.

BUT...I do plan to go to Ghent to see one of art's masterpieces - the Ghent Altar Piece by Van Eyck.

AND drink lots of good Belgian beer.