Friday, May 9, 2008

High School Kids Get Mass Facing East (Ad Orientem)

What a great story. Father Longenecker at Standing on My Head tells of some kids at the High School he is Chaplain at and what they thought of him Saying Mass facing East or Ad Orientem. Go see High Schoolers Facing East

Among the comments one made I find interesting is" I think it feels more, well, manly. Do you know what I mean. Is that dumb?"

Father by the way has started to say the Mass Ad Orientem at his Parish in South Carolina. He produced a series of small inserts in the weekly Parish bulletin that explained why. I think it is going quite well and the people at his Parish like it. IF they like it in South Carolina I suspect what it is explained and slowly introduced people elsewhere in the country will have a similar reaction. The "Older" effecting the "newer" just like the Holy Father envisions

No comments: