Friday, May 20, 2011

Rapture Day With Catholic Links

I have not commented on the rapture stuff but today is supposed to be the big day!! I have not commented because I think the tone and mocking has gone a bit too far.

I am glad that this has happened because a good bit of "False Teaching" and error has had an opportunity to be refuted.

That being said these folks are Baptized Christians and thus while very much in error are brothers and sisters. In fact many are in the Catholic Church but in a imperfect way. So I do worry what will happen to these folks when in the 99.999999 percent chance it does not happen I worry about these people faith.

Think what happens ( and I am saying just WHAT IF) the Church says the Medjugorje apparitions are false. That will not be pleasant for any of us so I am holding back a tad on the mocking. Further we Catholic believe in a lot of stuff that is getting more mocked. NOT saying that some mocking or satire cannot be had when attacking a false belief. But I think we need to realize a lot of people are likely going to be disappointed and I am worried about thgem.

Anyway here is a good Catholic roundup of links via THE ANCHORESS see
It’s the Rapture Round-up! which I think is done in a respectful way.

1 comment:

Pro Ecclesia said...

"Think what happens ( and I am saying just WHAT IF) the Church says the Medjugorje apparitions are false. That will not be pleasant for any of us so I am holding back a tad on the mocking."

Won't affect me one way or the other. I'm pretty much always skeptical of private revelation, EVEN the approved ones.