Monday, May 12, 2008

Navy Blue Angels and Air Force Do not Disappoint Louisiana Audience


I went to the Barksdale AFB Air show yesterday and again it was great. Barksdale celebrated 75 years and it was cool to go. This show has been going on since I was a little kid and I guess before that. Despite the fact there are high gas prices, the fact that many have toured a B-25, a K-10 or C-5 for the tenth time they still get huge crowds. Well over 100,000 this weekend .

Anyway it shows that Americans love their military and people in Uniform. IT is good to see so many kids out there. Who knows how many American Heroes in Uniform started their path yesterday.

The Blue Angels did not disappoint!!!!! I can never get bored watching them. I left the base early to watch them with my Grandfather at my Uncles House. It was like watching it on the base because my Uncle's House is in part of the Subdivision that is at the end of the runway. So it was just like being on the base when watching the show. Anyway my 80 plus Grandfather, who used to have a major job at the Base involving planning Missions for the B-52 fleet back in the SAC days ,looked like he was 12 years old watching them.


No comments: