Monday, May 5, 2008

Mother Teresa and Bear Bryant On the Elderly

As I posted a week or so back seeing my Grandmother in assisted living is killing me. It is again like watching Jimmy Stewart play a villian in a movie. You just want to say get that trash of my VCR that this is not how it is suppose to be.

I am getting I suppose a early glimpse of what perhaps my own mother will go through in the decades ahead.

Anyway From Burke to Kirk and Beyond... post More about my mother... brought it all back home to me today. My Grandmother last words to me and my mother as we were leaving were "Oh Don't Leave me I love Yall". Well what can you do. If you go back then it one hour it will be the same. And you know what? Is is damn frustrating because I don't know how to alleviate that for her. Hopefully it will get better.

Anyway I was struck by Burke's reference to what Mother Tereas said on this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link as always. I'm seeing my mother struggle as she ages. I realize I must help her carry her cross.

James H said...

From my reading of your post I think your Mother still has her mind. That is truly a blessing to be thankful for at least