Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thoughts on Huckabee, Lent, LSU Signing Day, and other Things

Posting will be light today for the following reason. Even though I am going to put some stuff up after this post and later tonight.

Reasons for Light Posting

It is National Signing day for College Football and there are parties and such. Downside- whose bright idea was it to put National Signing Day on Ash wednesday!!!! My friends get to feast and drink around me and I get to abtain!!! I shall offer it up

It is Ash Wednesday and I am going to go spend a Hour before the Blessed Sacramnet thanking him for my blessings (health, friends , family, Huckabee winning 5 states, LSU National Championship, having a Relationship with him and his mother, etc etc) and preparing myself for the Lenten Season

THOUGHTS(These are quick blurbs and I shall post on these later)

All Hail Huckabee. If only we won Missouri. I have never been prouder to be a part of a campaign. Last night was dramatic

All Hail McCain- His plan was perfect. I shall continue to support Huckabee. I think if he goes on it will be to jazz up the Social conservative base. He will do nothing to really hurt McCain I feel. However it is likely that McCain is the nominee.

Reasons!!! California
The McCain plan worked out perfectly. Why spend money in Southern States when Huckabee can do it. Though they almost messed up with Huckabee coming within a whisker of taking Missouri. McCain getting Missouri is big.

However looking at the Congressional districts in California it appears that Mitt Romney will not split delgates with McCain or even get a healthy minority It appears that Romney will get a breathtaking 6 or 9 delgates!!!! Something the Huckabee nor Romney Camp nor I suspect the McCain envisioned. WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN CALIFORNIA HAS NOT SUNK IN YET TO ROMNEY NOR HUCKABEE SUPPORTERS.

Because of how the rest of the states line up McCain gets the nomination by just showing up. The winner takes all states becomes scarce. This is very apparent in Texas!!!

We shall see in the next few days what Huckabee does. I do feel that it whatever it is it shall be benefical to the party and not harm the nominee's chances if it is John McCain

The Catholic Vote-
I looked at the exits and they are fascinating on many levels.-HUCKABEE HAD A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH ON THE CATHOLIC VOTE LAST NIGHT. He came in third but got a healthy repsectable percentage where he worked . See Missouri. I am convinced that Huckabee taking over 20 percent of the Catholic vote is what made that Missouri race tight in the end. More on this later

HARD RIGHT IMMIGRATION POLITCS IS A LOSER-
That is what I see in the exits. So called Mr Amnesty John McCain still gets 25 percent of the deport them all big and small crowd. This is consistent

Huckabee by the way still gets huge percentages of those that want Pathway to Citizenship. He beat McCain in this category in Georgia.

In Fact Huckabee has kept Comp people like me in his camp because he is basically trying to appease the hardliners while winking and nodding at people like me.

Personal admission. I understand politicians are not perfect. I also know they have to moderate their stances. Even former Baptist preachers. Huckabee did not believe in all this hardline rethoric.

Call it deception but he does not. If one is cynical perhaps one might think Huckabee did this so he could take the heat off McCain. Something I think McCain appreciated. I have never said that but I think that is what happened. Notice that Huckabee did not attack McCain on this ISSUE in Georgia. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS. So Sue me.

If Huckabee continues I expect he will contine this delicate dance on this issue. If he goes hard right on the subject it is to make the "boys that cry amnesty" placated for a while and render them harmless. That is my theory and I am sticking to it

By the way? Do people think Fred Thompson really believed it either? I think not. Note the two hardliners on this issue(the hardline alternative to Romney) spent about no time attacking McCain on this issue. HMMMMM

In the end Huckabee like McCain knows we have to secure the border before the American people will deal with the urgent and hard problem of the people here. I can live with that

John McCain beat Romney like a Drum in California. He beat him even in Minuteman ville on the border. IF this does not tell you something nothing will as to this issue. The Republican California Primary was a test case for this argument and the hardline position came up again short.

More thoughts later

UPDATE!!!

Just wanted to make it clear to the Huckabee fans that come here that I am still supporting Huckabee unless he does something silly. I don't see that happening. Does he have a shot? Well yes he does. After watching last night I am convinced the power of prayer and thousands of jazzed up volunteers can do wonders. However I am talking reality. Huckabee has a window of opportunity but it is small. But we shall proceed on. Nearly winnign Missouri and looking at the exits has shown me that there is still a small window of opportunity for Huckabee. But Boy does California make it tough

On the immigration issues above and Huckabee are all my personal opinion. Even though I have good reasons to know the above is true. Stay tuned 50 years later when I write the great epic story of my life for the jusicy details :)

So we shall fight on for Mike Huckabee. Oh and if Mitt Romeny is still the race have no doubt that Huckabee will fight on. We are fighting for many things here besides the nomination!!!

No comments: