Monday, February 25, 2008

Pope Benedict Talks on Education and Everyone's Role In it

I know I have have a few Home schoolers and Catholic teachers that read this blog so I thought the following would be of interest as well as to parents.

The Pope is in the end Bishop of Rome and just like every other Bishop must speak out on concerns and needs of his local flock. I suppose like everywhere education of children in Rome is being viewed as it going to hell in a hand basket. The Pope Responded in part by say " Do not be afraid!"

This past Saturday the Pope had a special Feb. 23 audience with teachers, students and others who directly participate in education that was held in St Peter's square.

Here is a full English translation of the talk that has some things to ponder in it at Pope's Letter to Romans on Education

1 comment:

lvschant said...

Thanks for this post. I forwarded the link to our local Catholic home schooling group! Janet.