Friday, February 29, 2008

Still Catholic and Still Not Offended By McCain's Hagee Connection

I am Catholic and not offended that Hagee has now in an offical way endorsed McCain. I went into all this a couple months ago at my post McCain Embraces Anti -Catholic Hagee Horrors!!!! I stand by all that. I go into detail there why I feel the way I do.

I am going to be watching certain conservatives who gave Huckabee holy heck over this and call them out if they do a 180. Some of them did a 180 on that situation. t because they were defending Bush getting Bob Jones endorsement eight years earlier.

That being said people need to be careful of this. It does amaze me that we have gone from Anti Catholics not voting to Catholics, to Catholics being invited to anti Catholic (theology wise) Churches to speak, to now Catholics going "OOOH we cannot have politicians associate with "those" people". That last step is sort of the not the progress I want to see.

In the last Louisiana election Catholic convert Bobby Jindal went to a ton of Churches that don't exactly sing the praises of the Papacy and are doing the Rosary during Wednesday night prayer meetings. They by large supported him 100 perecent and in fact defended him when a anti Catholic Know Nothing Campaign was run against by the Democratic party in the northern part of the state. Bobby went to them to where they were at because that is what a public servant does. As I said in the post cited above:

Is Hagee's comments and theology offensive? Hell Yes!! But as you can can tell if you look at my Catholics for Huckabee posts up till around December 21st , I have stated that we are not electing the Commander of Chief of Nice and Pleasant Theology. They go where the people are. Just like some important guy did in the 1st Century which If I remember right horrified his followers.

Remember Christ eating with the Tax Collectors and the bad folks? I also wonder when secular folks and major papers parrot some of the WWII stuff that Hagee does where is the outrage besides a maybe a post? Where are the calls for Boycotts? Oh well it is the campaign season and I have seen this before

Catholics would be better off doing apologetics and using this as an opportunity to show the faith of the Church.

This is sort of an Pandora's box I really think we don't want to open. For instance one of the major bodies of American Lutherans thinks the Pope is the anti Christ. Are we now probibited from asking them for their votes. I have run across some Catholics that don't say great things about Protestants especially in the Latin Mass movement . Are we now forbidden from engaging them? See this truly one deep rabbit hole.

Anyway I am much more offended as a Catholic by Obama and Hillary that support policies that go against the unborn and the traditional concept of marriage than anything Hagee is doing.

All that being said please consider voting Huckabee in the upcoming primaries on March 4th if you reside in those states :)

No comments: