Thursday, February 28, 2008

An Living example of How the Older Affects the Newer as to Liturgy. - Facing East

Father Z had a excellent post here at Turning a parish “eastward” in South Carolina . Note this is all about the regular form of the Latin Rite Liturgy. Or as some people call it the "new Mass"(a term I don't like by the way).

This Parish is quite dynamic is what I dream all Parishes could be like especially in the South. Wander around the parish web site that Father Z links. This Parish is smack dab in the middle of the "Bible Belt" and truly is a blueprint for success in spreading and living the Catholic faith.

As to the what this Church is doing in South Carolina I fully support. I really don't think Catholics would be too shocked by the move if it started happening more and more. Again this is one reason why I am excited by the Summorum Pontificum. It is the Older influencing the newer in very positive ways.

OH a related Father Z note. He has PRAYERCAzT 19: 4th Sunday of Lent (Laetare - 1962 Missale Romanum) where he does the prayers and reading of this week's 1962 Missale Romanum Sunday Liturgy. Over Christmas from our local Catholic bookstore I bought a fine copy of that Missal. I am trying to learn and his podcast are useful. Even though it gets frustrating because in reality unless I have access to a mass of the extraordinary form it is tough sledding for me to learn the Latin.

No comments: