Friday, February 29, 2008

Special Leap Year Edition of the Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update!!!

I did not so the Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update yesterday. So this will include some bloggers entries from Late Wednesday, Thursday, and who has updated today. I am sort of rushed for time so I will not do much commentary on these posts( That are course the best in the Catholic Blogsphere :) )

Ville Platte Catholic Youth Group has a post relating to people involved with them. That is Safe Environment Training Announced

Tutus and Little Shoes has a a post remembering the tragic Terri Schindler Shiavo incident. Go see Remembering Terri . She also has a post Mothering Sunday . That post is very interesting and I was not aware of that Liturgical and catholic Day

Unskilled Labor has Hillary '08 and Shot Pattern (this are pretty cool pics of a Duck about to meet his demise and his first step to Unskilled's Dinner table). Be sure to click on the photos for the detail

Catholic Tube has a lot of new Vids up.
Go see International Eucharistic Conference ,Stations of the Cross Book Reviews ,2008 Vocations Awareness Campaign ,Tridentine High Mass and Distorting Beauty

From The Recamier has her latest update here with a lot of good stuff as usual

A Number of Things has a New Banner. By the Opinionated Catholic Fans better take time to say goodbye to the Pope above. He is coming back when he pays us a visit in April. However in honor of LSU Spring Training starting and LSU Baseball we shall be returning to a LSU theme. Sorry Holy Father.

Full Circle has several interesting posts. He is a Homeschooler by the way so take note of that before people go screaming in his posts :) Go see first My comments on the items listed in the above post and Negative aspects of homeschooling Also see his post US vocations on the increase?

Alive and Young has Bobby Jindal Reforms LA Politics and If Jesus Be Cajun . Also see Louisianian Geauxs on Vacation :)

The Brown Pelican Society has a ton of links but I have ordered Fish and thus don't have time to post them all. Be sure to check out all his articles for the day. I might update with his individual links later

Vox Feminae has a post on a blogger a post that you should check out at Kansas City Catholic Post... Be sure to check out her post Miscellaneous... (lots here PLUS RUMORS THAT WE MIGHT GET A BISHOP SOON) All I have to say is Thank The Lord if that is true

Fr. Victor Brown’s Catholic Daily Message reminds us it is leap year( I forgot) in his daily meditation at Feast of Saint Oswald of York (29 Feb 2008)

Thoughts & Ruminations appears to have a new vid up(I am having trouble You Tube vid today for some reason. Go see his 28th entry for more details

Finally

Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks has A Picture Perfect Question, Extra! Extra! Extra!,and Food, Warmth, and Sharing,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a post about peer competition being a possible negative aspect of homeschooling ... and I got hammered. Nobody read my favorable opinion of homeschooling. Few read what I wrote. The homeschooling brigade just came out guns blazing and in one case even attacked my character. I figured I would head that one off at the gate this time ...

I realize homeschoolers are used to being criticized. I guess they immediately come into any argument ready to kill. The tone calmed down once I explained my position in the comment thread.

You are used to apologetics though so I know you are more used to the ad hominems hitting the surface sooner rather than later ...