Monday, February 4, 2008

Conservative Talk Radio Is Like the Movie Network!!!!

As well as other so called "conservative voices". The Anchoress has a must read for all those undecided Republicans that will have to vote tomorrow and in the future. It is a great post called BUMPED: “Faith-based” and hand-wringing. It seems the other night she was watching thre same movie as I was on late night tv.

Last night, I watched Paddy Chayefsky’s brilliant film, Network, and I felt like William Holden, watching a mob-mentality jump to their windows and scream, “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore,” because they’re been roused by the authoritative voice of “someone on tv,” and shaking his head.
He was shaking his head because he knew that there was a great illusion at work.
And to a point I am shaking my head for the same reason - although I only suspect the illusion. Mostly I’m shaking my head because there is so much noise - so many breathless pronouncements serving up fear and loathing - that reality is being skewed; it is being replaced by the sort of intellectual dishonesty that says “John McCain is the same as Hillary Clinton.”
Humbug. And we Christians should think about that.
What is your prayer these days, is it, “Jesus I trust in you,” or is it “Lord, I’m so scared, please make it all go the way I think it should?”
They’re both prayers. I won’t gainsay yours, whatever it is - but remember that the best prayers are the ones that are positive, not negatives, because there are no negatives in Christ
.

I think her whole post is a must read. She does not mention my guy Huckabee :( but that is ok. The message is to turn off the "illusion" you are hearing.

If you want to vote for Romney great!!! If you want to vote for McCain or Huckabee or even Ron Paul do it. As for Huckabee and McCain there has been too much silliness from Talk radio and ohe NRO crowd and their sheeple. It appears that quite a few Republicans have ignored what they have said and voted for whom they darn well please.

It is very chic to rant about the process of how we choose our leaders. I again refuse to join that. I think the process has worked from start to finish. The voters are in the end the people running the show and I think their past and ongoing contemplation of the people running is something to watch.

Anyway her post is a good way to start the day and reminds us faith based voters what is at stake in the next election. Anyway, more partisan Opinionated Catholic articles on my guy Huckabee throughout the day.

No comments: