Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Let us remember that Senator David Vitter is a Catholic

I shall post some more thoughts on Senator Vitter tonight or tomorrow. The debate has taken the predictable road of an assault on "Family Values" and those people that advocate for them. However let us remember this is a man and a family that is in need of our prayers. So no matter what your party affilaition, offer some prayers up for him and those that through no fault of their own shall be swept up in this saga. Then oppose him if you wish.


I am one of Senator Vittor's harshest critics at times. However, I am not going to stand by while many Louisiana voters suffer amnesia on this subject. Many knew about the allegations of this sort way back in the Governor Foster days.

So say a prayer for him. Goodness in the past, I have engaged in things that would make Caligulla blush I suspect. Does that make me a hypocrite because I am advocate for the Catholic faith and its teachings? IF that is the case we better start banning Catholic guys from Parish Councils that attended LSU.

Time will tell if this problem was in the past or more current. Like I posted earlier, many of us have access to the DC rumor mill. But in his time of need the Church(that means us) should reach out to him. People can do that through a simple prayer.

People in politics should be held to a high ethical standard. I personally find sins of the flesh the most forgiveable myself if people show repentance. Perhaps that is because they are my greatest temptation even now. But I also realize after years up close and personal with these folks that there is a connection to "sex" and especially the men that run for office. There are a ton of temptations to people whose very psychological makeup make them prone to these things. It is indeed I find a double edge sword.

More tonight

No comments: