Sunday, July 15, 2007

Early Signs Of The Reception OF Summorum Pontificum In Louisiana

Well at least we are seeing positive signs in one of our important Diocese. A new Louisiana Catholic blog I added called the The Lake Charles Latin Mass Society is going to be a useful resource. Of note here is that the Diocese of Lake Charles just has received a new Bishop. A Bishop that was recently a priest in the neighboring Diocese of Lafayette.

This latest post ,which is a interview with a priest of the Diocese of Lake Charles, seems very encouraging.

Elsewhere

Check out this podcast of a recently ordained Priest from the Diocese of Baton Rouge talk about the MP at the Catholic Underground.

As I mentioned before, this blog sole focus will not just be Louisiana Catholic or for that matter Catholic posts entirely. I shall be commenting more on politics and of course LSU and LA Tech Football(Fall is in the air-Geaux Tigers and Geaux Dawgs) in the future. However, I do have a interest in finding more "Louisiana Catholic" bloggers to add to my blogroll.

So if you know
(1)A blogger
(2)that is Catholic
(3)from Louisiana
(4)and talks about Catholic issues on occasion

please let me know in the comments or email me at biglsusportsfan@yahoo.com.

5 comments:

William Eunice said...

I am pretty pumped up about this even though I am not a current attendee of the mass at St. Agnes in Baton Rouge. Fr. Chris (from catholicunderground) is the new priest at our parish and his first Sunday masses are 7am and 9am this morning. I heard about the goings on in Lake Charles a few days ago.

-- an aside -- the Dawg faithful seem to think this is going to be a rough year. Tough schedule but with Dooley in charge things look very bright. Even some local shows in south Louisiana are amazed at the things he is doing and we haven't played a single game with him as coach. We'll see. Go DAWGS!!!

Anonymous said...

There's a blog called "For the Greater Glory" done by a guy from New Orleans who goes to LSU. He's Catholic. There are a few other Louisiana Catholic blogs around, but I don't have the links on hand. If I get them again, I'll send them to you.

Anonymous said...

Haha nevermind, you already have that one added.

James H said...

William,

Fr Chris seems like a cool priest. I bet he was pretty nervous today

I am excited about the BUlldog Season. This is the year I have to root against LSU for one game lol.

I think Dooley supriseda lot of people as to recruiting. Finally he is doing what the Alumni has been wanting Coaches too. That is be aggresive on recruiting.

I was shocked he did so well after coming in so late.

JH

William Eunice said...

Web site to help those interested in the TLM to connect