Monday, July 16, 2007

Common Sense on Iraq

I am about to get more political on this blog. Iraq is a huge concern of mine for obvious reasons. Despite the heated objects of some vocal Catholic bloggers, I support the surge in Iraq 110 percent. I find the current analysis of what we should be doing in Iraq by some Catholic bloggers to be really limited. It rarely it seems to get past if the initial entry into the conflict was morally correct . BIG NEWS WE ARE FAR PAST THAT.

Take for a example the American Civil War. There are some that try to say the North invaded the South on unjust grounds. I disagree with that in theory but it is claimed. For instance I hear: "You know it really wasn't about Slavery!!!" Well, while it is true that there were various motives perhaps the war as it prolonged became very much about Slavery. I am pretty sure that a man fighting for 2 years from Maine was not risking his life for the concept of UNION alone. The purpose of the war became elevated and more clear. Stick in the "it is just about oil argument here".

Mistakes have been made in Iraq no doubt. However if Christian and Catholic bloggers wish to delude themselves that washing our hands of the situation like Pontius Pilate is moral I shall have to combat that. Basically, that seems to be the rethoric on withdrawal that I here from them. I shall engage that more actively on this blog.

AJ Strata blog is a link I put on here for a reason. His analysis of political situations from immigration to Iraq is excellent.

Check out these recent post
The Evil Of Impatience

50 Diyala Tribal Leaders Meet To Fight al-Qaeda

Iran Ready To Replace al-Qaeda As Prime Concern In Iraq

I realize that people wish to return from our vacation from reality we so enjoyed before 911. However we must live in the world as it is now. It is tempting. Americans love their vactions from reality. We see that as to really dealing with the issues of Social Security and Immigration. It affects both the right and the left. MOre later

No comments: