Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Good Sign For Huckabee Campaign. Iowa Democrats See Him As a Threat

WARNING-OPINIONATED CATHOLIC IS ABOUT TO GO INTO SOME POLITICAL POSTSAND OFFEND VARIOUS SEGMENTS OF HIS READERSHIP.

This blog is also about my view on political issues. I expect the more "liberal/progressive" folks will not like my post coming up on Iraq. I expect some of my fellow Republicans and Conservatives are not going to like my post on the Hispanic vote and how we are screwing up.

So lets start with good post on the Huckabee campaign. The Maritime Sentry has another interesting post up. His blog reports that the Iowa Democrat Party is going on the Attack against Huckabee. I think that is a good sign.

I hang out with a pretty diverse crowd. A lot of my friends are big liberals and active in the political scene. It is interesting that many have consistently made the same observation. That is that Huckabee is the guy they fear the most. I agree they should be scared.

Huckabee cannot be put into a box and the democrats know that. He has the potential to have enormous cross over party appeal. If the silly TV deabte moderators can stop asking the cartoon "Baptist Minister Running for President" questions perhaps people will find that out. I hope next time he is asked a question like that he slams them. I thought he was going to do that the last time it happened. I mean who cares what is his view on evolution is. I know I don't.

One other thing!!! I am getting tired of the FOX News, talk Radio, the major bloggers, the MSM, all giving Fred Thompson this free coverage. If Fred Thompson doesn't want to declare yet fine. But it is very unfair for him to get a whole hour to himself after a Republican debate for instance. Our guys are fighting it out and being put under a magnify glass. Let Thompson raise money and do what he wants till he decides to enter offically. However the media should not be giving him a unopposed public forum that is worth millions in ad time.

This goes for Newt too.

No comments: