Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Still Believe In A Place Called Hope- Consider Supporting Mike Huckabee For President




Update-At this point, I do not believe there is a "Catholics For Huckabee" blog. If there is one I have not discovered it. A team blog that would have at least 4 or 5 core members to promote the Huckabee run from the Catholic viewpoint would be benefical. The work of running and updating of the blog could be shared among the members making it much more effective. If anyone has a interest please email at biglsusportsfan@yahoo.com.

________________________________



I am supporting Governor Mike Huckabee in his run to be President of the United States. I ask all people to consider supporting him in his run for the White House.

I have come to the conclusion that Governor Huckabee is a excellent choice for our nation. He also represent my Catholic/Christian views the best of all the 08 hopefuls that have any chance of winning.

I believe his experience as a Governor will serve us well. I believe his "Compassionate Conservatism"(I don't find that a dirty word) is what is needed for the future. He also has the qualities that I think will bring this country together.

I will speak more about Huckabee in the future and why he should be the Catholic voter's choice in 08 in the future.

Let me give a special word to Senator Brownback supporters.

If you believe in him support him. I realize that Senator Brownback is very excitng to the Catholic community and especially the Catholic convert community for obvious reasons. He is a man of great faith and competence and I have the upmost respect for him. He has been and will continue to be a outstanding Senator.

My choice not to support him was a difficult one. The reasons I chose not to support Brownback is the following:

First, I don't think he can win. I have seen him in various venues and I just don't detect that "click" factor. The "click" factor is the ability to connect with the American people on a vast scale. If you don't have that you can't win.

Second, I think Governor Huckabee's qualification as Governor will suit us better in the coming years than even Senator Brownback's great service in the Senate. I also believe that Governor Huckabee's experience as Governor will be a nice contrast to the likely Democrat nominee's Senate experience.

Third, as to issues that Catholic are concerned about, I cannot tell a bit of difference between Governor Huckabee and Senator Brownback. In fact, Governor Huckabee has GOVERNED very much in the tradition of the Catholic political ethos.

If you are undecided about Huckabee, email me with your questions and I will find the answes.

Please visit these two sites for more information. More links will be added in the Huckabee section of this blog.

Mike Huckabee For President

Mike Huckabee President 2008

1 comment:

DR said...

First of all, welcome to Blogs for Huckabee. I believe that your blog and our blog are the only practicing Catholics blogging for Huckabee. I like your post, they are all good reasons for supporting Huckabee. I also was not able to support Sam Brownback. I did consider him, but his stance on immigration and the fact that he does not appear Presidential were deciding factors for me.