Friday, November 18, 2011

The Catholic Faith of Coach Kurt Budke of Oklahoma State ( Rest In Peace )

What sad news on the Oklahoma State Coaches Head Coach Kurt Budke and his assistant coach Miranda Serna

I had met both through a Lady Techster Basketball support group a few times that a friend of mine was a part of. Both Coaches were at Louisiana Tech before they went to Oklahoma State. I met him or saw him more at St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Ruston. Miranda Serna might have been a member of that parish too. I don't recall .

From what I heard from people in Parish at the time I have no doubt one thing he would like to most recalled for is being a good Catholic dad for his kids and wife.

Just last year there was this nice piece on him in this Catholic publication on Budke that I read back then and found again today where he talked about his Faith and how that played out on the Court.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I read your blogs like every week. Your
humoristic style is witty, keep it up!

Have a look at my weblog: zephyrhills

Anonymous said...

Good blog you have got here.. It's difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Here is my blog :: bklyn