Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Under Appreciated Politicians

People often rant against Politicians- THEY ARE THE SAME. THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT.

I actually like politicians. It is not easy putting yourself out there. Most in my experience are good people and sometimes under appreciated. If you disagree then you run for office I suggest and try to engage that herd of cats called the voting public :)

Anyway this Arkansas politico was answering some questions to a class and his answers are amusing.

Here is one

STUDENT: What was the lowest point of your campaigns?

GREENBERG: The lowest point of my last campaign was when I was campaigning in a gated community, knocking on doors and asking for votes, and a woman drove by and beckoned me over. I walked over and she said “What part of NO SOLICITING do you not understand?” You just don’t have a lot of options for a response. There’s actually a Supreme Court case on this very question, but I don’t think she would have found that persuasive.
I agree with Robbie about the value of losing one’s first race. You do learn some important things about character and integrity. However, when I lost my second race, I found that experience to be utterly valueless. I would have been happy to skip it entirely.


LOL

Tip of the Hat to The Volokh Conspiracy

No comments: