Thursday, August 2, 2007

For Those Republicans Not Drinking the Fred Thompson Kool Laid Yet

There is a hilarious cartoon that I think speaks a lot of truths.

H/T to The Anchoress( the Joan of Arc of the Catholic blogsphere) that is back from her vacation and blogging again.

Let me say I am not anti Fred Thompson or will not support him if he gets the nomination. I am not yet buying though that he is the best thing since sliced bread. We shall see how he does once he has to campaign.

I like that cartoon because of another message I get out of it. Folks Reagan, God Bless Him, is gone and there will never be another one. However I think people need to realize that there is sort of a Reagan myth. Reagan got a ton heat from the "base" especially during his last term. The "base" IMHO should take some lessons from that. Just like George Bush there were many conservatives and republicans from the "base" , often the same ones, that were saying that Reagan was destroying the "conservative" vision. I have often wondered how Reagan, that was just seeing the impact of Direct mail and politcal advocacy, would have fared in this world of the net and anger being manufactured or encouraged for profit every ten seconds.

No comments: