Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vocation Crisis?What Vocation Crisis?- Wonderful Pictures here

The Anchoress has a wonderful post full of pictures of Relgious orders that are bringing in new folks. This is just part I.

I have been thinking about Brothers and Monks lately. I am always thrilled when I see new Monks and Brothers. I have really started to have a new appreciation for them lately. As a convert in the area where I live Monks and Brothers have not been a part of my Catholic life much. We just don't have many in my neck of the woods.

I always wonder how is one drawned to be a Brother, especially because of the Priest shortage there must be pressure on all the guys to be priests. Now I know some are priests but many I believe are not. What makes that call different? What draws them to that life? How to they discern that call differently from the Priesthood? I knew a Catholic woman that was not thrilled about the possibility her some would become a priest. But she just glowed at the thought of him being a Brother.

No comments: