Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update On If Louisiana Rep Rick Gallot and Senator Robert Adley Endorse Their Parties bashing Catholicism Ads


Does Catholic Rep Gallot who is Catholic endorse his parties use of money to twist Jindal's word about his Catholic faith against him? Surely not. It was never done against him.




Does Senator Adley endorse the ads that are using Bobby's thoughts on his faith as a political issue? Surely not



Yesterday I posted on if my local Democrat Louisiana State Representatives endorse the Catholic bashing and misleading ads that are playing in just my part of the state. I promised a Update. Here is the update. There has been no response.


There has been no indication if they think the State Democrat party making us North Louisiana folks look like a bunch of intolerant yahoos is a good or bad thing.


Now to be fair they gets lots of email. Also to be fair maybe the local papers did not post their outrage. So I shall be sending another email asking for a statement on what they are going to do about this. The Catholics and other Christians in the Diocese of Shreveport are awaiting their answer.


Stay Tuned for a roundup of the entire situation in about a hour.


In the meantime please go to the above link where the contact information is and ask those two important Louisiana democrats what they think. I am optimistic that they think it is a bad idea

This is a copy of the email I sent. I encourage all people to do likewise as to their local state reps and senators

Yesterday I sent a email asking for your position on the Jindal ad buy by the Democrat party
In that post I included this post
http://opinionatedcatholic.blogspot.com/2007/08/does-louisiana-state-senator-robert.html

I also have written my thoughts on these posts
A Open Letter to the Louisiana Catholic Conference and Bishops Regarding Recent Political Events

The Louisiana Democrat Party is Making North Louisiana Folks Look Like Yahoos

This Political Ad is A New Low In Louisiana Politics

I have updated today with this post
Update On If Louisiana Rep Rick Gallot and Senator Robert Adley Endorse Their Parties bashing Catholicism Ads

I do realize that email gets piled up. Also I realize that you very well could have made statements that have not been publicized.

As a Catholic and especially a Catholic in the Diocese of Shreveport I have concerns. This transcends party or person here.

If you could when you have the time tell me so I can tell my Catholic and Non Catholic Louisiana readers
(1) Do you think these ads are appropriate
if not
(2) Are you working to have your state party pull the TV ads and misleading web site

Thank you for your concern

JH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen the ads that u are referring to and there is nothing anti catholic in these ads. Piyush is an extremist who has done and said weird stuff in the name of religion. If u call out a priest who is a pervert, does that make u anti catholic? If u arrest a baptist minister for prostitution, does that make u anti protestant? No.
Piyush has disparaged protestants and engaged in weird behavior, Does that disqualify him from being Guv? No. However, voters need to know these things like voters needed to know that vitter was a whoremonger. That does not mean that I am anti woman

James H said...

MR Anonymous
what did he say to disparaged Protestants? Really . I want a direct quote. Yall got reams of his writing what did he say? ON this blog I have pointed out what he actually said. It is not there.

Present your evidence if you got it