Monday, March 5, 2012

Up And Coming Southern Baptist Voice Denny Burk Sets Record Straight On Rush Limbaugh

Get Religion takes on the rather infuriating way the HHS mandate has been framed in the media. See Debating access to religious liberty.

In that piece they link a more an more up and coming Southern Baptist voice that being Denny Burk . A Louisiana Tech Grad by the way. He tears into Rush Limbaugh ,and I think correctly states the case for how Rush's influence is overrated greatly. See An Apology from Limbaugh, but the Damage Is Done.

I have to say I agree with that. Which why for many of us conservatives and social conservatives the default position was hopefully just to ignore him. Again we see an dynamic as show in both links when entertainers become the story. I don't think I am alone in the social conservative weeds that for many of use we are listening to the voice of Al Mohler, Rod Dreher, Douthat, Robert George, etc ete more than Rush.

But it is what it is. Anyway I Burk hit it on the head. A side note. How did American media coverage again as to politics get so Media personality driven?

No comments: