Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Louisiana Catholic Blog Update For June 24th

Lea's lunchroom Lecompte, La.
I need to start putting "Catholic" Louisiana pictures up again when I do these updates. This is not really a Catholic picture. However I do miss stopping at Lea's. When I was a little kid before I-49 was completed this was required stop for all us North Louisiana folks heading South. I have a Priest friend in Lecompte now so perhaps I will get to eat there again. It was of of a legend at least to North Louisiana folks and everyone talked about their pies. It is really close to I-49 by the way

Anywho lets us begin.

Ville Platte Catholic Youth Group has not updated but if you check there blog out you will find they are Steubenville South. Please keep them in your prayers as well as Catholic kids across the South that are attending this event

From The Recamier has a double treat fro us today!! She has her regular update here at Daily Update: June 23, 2008 (No Saints today :( ) but is still interesting as usual. She has a book review here at The Miracle at Speedy Motors

Catholic Tube has two apologetic vids. See Explaining The Immaculate Conception and Explaining Immaculate Conception - Part 2

A Number of Things. has a recipe at Pesto or Pistou

The Louisiana Brown Pelican Society( lay Louisiana Catholic organization) again has a huge number of links and post relating to the Faith and news Catholics need to know

ALIVE AND YOUNG has something that gave me a laugh here at Being Number 2 Was Never This Good . Also see Is Google Making Us Stupid? LOL I thought this bill died in the Louisiana Legislature!! We now have an OFFICIAL STATE COCKTAIL!! GO see It Is Official! . I hope this fact is taught in schools in Louisiana. I think it is important that besides the State Flower, the State Bird, that our young folks are up to date.

Thoughts & Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has posts and links up. Go see Dan Brown has LOTS of errors , Why must dissidents lie? , and 40 years of Pontificalis Romani and the new Roman Rite .

The Lake Charles Latin Mass Society had a post from yesterday I wanted to put up again. If you are near Lake Charles considering going to the first Solemn High Mass to be celebrated in that area in probably over 40 years. Happening this Sunday!!! Go see Solemn High Mass

Maudie in Mandeville has A Tale of Obama's First Term Interrupted

Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks has I Hear Ya! and Quilt This Book and this little fact on kids at A Spoonful of Sugar

Fr. Victor Brown’s Catholic Daily Message is our Louisiana ex pat. He did many years of faithful service at St Dominic's in New Orleans. A Parish I often attended when I was in New Orleans. Hence he remains on the Louisiana update!! He has his latest meditation here at Feast of the Birth of Saint John the Baptist (24 June 2008)

Well that is it. I shall try to get another update out tomorrow!!!

I will also do my monthly sleuthing for more Louisiana Catholic related blogs tonight so stay tuned.


2 comments:

Ragin-Cajun said...

Lea's is also a popular stop for those of us from the South who are headed North! Those pies are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing the post!! Hopefully some who never knew about it will see it and come to Mass! Thanks.

-Andrew