Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When Death Comes Online- Death Notification in the Twitter Age

I suppose we are entering a new era where there are more final matters that need to be arranged ahead of time.

I always get nervous when a blogger, or a poster friend on a forum suddenly stops posting. If they are absent for weeks I think have they died?

I need to put in the safe deposit box the pass password for this blog and my other most loved forums for someone I designate to tell the news if I pass on and my requests. I suppose as our lives become more intertwined with online communities and other social networks this will be important. In fact it will become essential so people don't perpetrate a fraud by impersonating us.

I was thinking of this today when I saw this this article about a daughter and the lengths she went to to find here dad's online gaming friends. See Death leaves online lives in limbo in USA Today.

Tip of the hat to Instapundit


No comments: