Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watch Out Catholics On The Move In the South- Example North Carolina

Mirrors of Justice looks at this at Southern Catholics Today

Of course that 40 percent growth is not by converts but transplants. I also suspect "some" ofthose North Carolina Catholic transplants "might" be a tad more liberal in many ways over home growned Catholic southerners. Just a hunch. We are talking several demographics of Catholic transplants to North Carolina do it's hard to make assumptions. That being said North Carolina is not a typical Southern State either as to ethos and politics that can be easily put into a box.

However I do think over time the cultural forces shall moderate even that "excessive" (in my view") Liberalism in both Church and as to State matters to a certain degree I think. At least that is my theory.

No comments: