Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bishop of Amarillo To Prohibit FR. Frank Pavone From Acting Outside DIocese As Priest ( Priests For Life)

I just saw this tweeted by a Catholic News service with (details to come). This will be bad on some many levels . Will keep this page updated with links throughout the day.

Update-
As you can tell I have changed the title. (HE HAS NOT BEEN "SUSPENDED")

This is what Catholic News Service is tweeting:

Bishop's letter cites "deep concerns' over finances of Priests for Life.

To clarify, Fr. Pavone suspended from ministering outside Amarillo Dioc.; says he will function as priest there.


Well this does not sound great but to be honest its not dealing with sexual abused which is what I suspect 99 percent of people that saw that tweet thought. Still a rather big deal in that he Pavone is on EWTN and his ministry is national. Expect the pro choice folks to hit this hard today.

Update II

Here is the article Father Pavone placed on leave by Bishop Zurek of Amarillo (Note he is returning to act as a Priest in the Diocese according to Pavone)

Update III

The Anchoress has thoughts at Fr. Frank Pavone Facing Restrictions

Update IV

Offical statement for Father Pavone. ( a pretty strong statement)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your blog by the
use of Google even as looking for a comparable matter, your web site got
here up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked it
in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, just become aware of your weblog via Google, and
found that it is really informative. I'm going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful in the event you continue this in future. A lot of other folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Feel free to visit my blog post ... loosency