Thursday, September 29, 2011

Former Episcopal Priest Newest Seminarian For the Diocese of Shreveport

A little "local" Catholic news I saw in my Diocese's publication today. See New Seminarian Keith Garvin

He has an interesting background. He has mentioned North Louisiana family connections and was a seminarian for the Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth. Before that he was a Episcopal Priest in the what was then called Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth. As I mentioned before that Episcopal Diocese is very Anglo Catholic leaning so here is hoping if takes that final step we might get some proper and well done liturgy.

The article is not exact on this but I have to think he is pretty far along in the process. Which I think would be less than the average Catholic seminarian as to his background.

Well we need all the Priests we can get up here and I am glad he coming home to the Diocese of Shreveport.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can't wait
to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
. Anyhow, good site!

my blog chapter 13 bankruptcy florida

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great
topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for great information I was looking for
this info for my mission.

Also visit my web blog: furmanski