Friday, November 12, 2010

Former Jesuit Priest That Was In Shreveport Accused of Sexual Abuse

Ugh on the front pages of the Shreveport Times today we see this. See Sexual abuse suit filed against former Shreveport priest

A few things here. First the Diocese of Shreveport was did not exist at the time this allegation was made. It was part of the Diocese of Alexandria. To my knowledge there has been no credible accusation of sexual abuse toward a Catholic cleric since it was formed. While every charge of sexual abuse is tragic the Diocese of Alexandria has in fact have relative few cases of sexual abuse accusations and charges compared to to other Dioceses. For that we are blessed. So this is a thankfully a rare occurrences.

I am not making any comment if these charges are valid except to say I still have objections to the length of time to bring a lawsuit as we see here. I know people disagree with me as to that but my view on Statute of Limitations and the reason for them go beyond just cases of sexual abuse claims.

1 comment:

Search Engine Marketing said...

I am quite interested in this topic. It's really a very good one. Thank you so much for sharing such an useful post with us.