Saturday, March 7, 2009

Now Pro-Lifers Attacking Sarah Palin

Related to my post A Pro Lifer Defends Sam Brownback I suppose. Crankycon has a good post at Southern Appeal Eating our own which related to Gov Palin's moves. The Palin situation even annoys me more to some degree. THe whole shoot first ask questions later thing which is rampant on the web. I think pro-lifers should be very careful here.

As I said in the comments

"I totally agree with you. Also I might add it is a tad dangerous to make sweeping judgements as to what are the local and State dynamics. Especially as to Alaska where most of us are clueless"

3 comments:

Carlos Echevarria said...

James, respectfully, this was an excellent decision by Palin.

Not comparable to Brownback with Sebelius.

People forget Reagan signed pro choice legislation as a Governor. I know you are a Jindal guy, but as a Palinista, she is going to need pro choice to vote for her in order to win, broaden her appeal and BTW in '16, not '12. (heresy, LOL)

James H said...

Well I think we agree on this as to Palin. I guess my point is I am and it seems everyone is so far removed from what is going in Alaska that I am annoyed at the Shoot first ask questions later attacks on Palin

Greg said...

Unfortunately, Palin had only 2 candidates to chose from. One was a pro-abortion radical environmentalist, the other was a moderate woman who at one time over ten years ago was on the board of an organization which several years after she left, became Planned Parenthood of Alaska. The woman was involved in and advocated adoption. We have no real reading as to what her stand on abortion is. Palin picked her because she was not a whacko environmentalist, the kind that would harm the Alaskan economy. Those who have exploited this issue in order to hurt Palin are either uninformed, or are just trying to drive a wedge between Palin, and conservative generally, and pro-life people particularly.