Monday, March 23, 2009

The Future First lady? - Meet Mrs Jindal Via Meghan McCain

John McCain's daughter has created quite a stir the last few weeks. However I still like her. She is pretty feisty and cute to me.

Anyway she has a very nice article and interview on the Wife of the Governor of Louisiana

I think it is more likely 2016 than 2012 though

Tip of the hat to The Dead pelican

This was an interesting part:
Obviously, when talking about your family comes your faith and your Christianity. I think people are curious about how much a role it plays in your life.
Both Bobby and I are converts to Christianity. For him, it was very much an intellectual journey. He read and studied. It really began when his grandfather passed away. He began to question, well, where did he go? What happens when we die? Is he in heaven? He began to really study and understand what religion really was and what Christianity really was. He followed that path to conversion through his intellectual search. For me, it was more of a spiritual search. It was more of understanding why people convert, what makes them convert. Just reading stories, and talking to people about what lead them to their conversion to Christianity is what led my search. Yes, we raise our children as Christians. We go to church on the weekends. We say prayers every night.

How much did your husband have to do with your decision to convert?
He was very good about answering questions but not pushing. He was very resourceful and knowledgeable. So whenever I was reading something, he could explain it to me a little bit more.

No comments: