Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cardinal Mahony Publicity Hound -Bans Bishop Williamson From Entering His Diocese

Well I guess he can actually enter California but is "hereby banned from entering any Catholic church, school or other facility, until he and his group comply fully and unequivocally with the Vatican's directives regarding the Holocaust"

Creative Minority Report has more at People Mahony Has Not Banned

Now this is sort of silly in a way.

Also is it lawful under Canon Law? There are of course instances where Bishops can get restraining orders against people from entering Catholic Churches. Think of the kid that "Kidnapped" the Eucharist in Central Florida last year.

But I have huge doubts that under Canon Law even a Cardinal can do a BAN -DO NOT ENTER- NO TREPASSING thing to Bishop Williamson without some sort of hearing or procedure.

What if Bishop Williamson is in the Arch Diocese and wants to full fill his Sunday obligation at one of the Churches in the Cardinal's Archdiocese? It just seems something Canon Law Illegal about all this.

I might be wrong on this and I will attempt to find the answer to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bishop Williamson has had his excommunication lifted. I can't see how his bizarre historical views are grounds for denying him communion. I am not a canon lawyer but I suspect there is no canonical grounds for this.