Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Boy I Feel Old-What Playboy Taught Me about Politics

l was flipping thought the channels and stopped on the E channel. There is some show called "The Girls Next Door" which whole theme right now is the 55th Anniversary Playmate at the Playboy Mansion.. WHY IS OPINIONATED CATHOLIC looking at that??????? Oh well it grabbed my attention. :)

Anyway there was a girl from the Ukraine (that got picked by the way for the big"honor" in the end) that was part of the finalists. It occurred (while E was covering up her most private parts with blurs) to me while I was in College and seeing the fall of the Iron Curtain that this now Playmate at her former tender age at the time had no real recollection of the Berlin Wall falling or the evils of communism her parents lived.

Boy I am feeling really old tonight!!!! I can recall being scared the Soviets (that was what we called them in the those "Red Dawn" days") was going to bomb Barksdale Air Force base and I would die of radiation posion days later

How time flies and how things change. Yet all that seems just like so yesterday to me.

In the end what seems to destined to last a lifetime can be so swept away.

Update-
If one wishes to how society has gone down just watch the E channel. It is amazing the stuff they have on there.

No comments: