Monday, March 9, 2009

Bill Against Catholic Church In Connecticut Would Not Even Merit A Hypo on a Law Exam

I have taught constitutional law at Columbia Law School, Georgetown University Law Center, and Hunter College of the City University of New York. I also have served as Deputy Solicitor General of the United States and as Counsel to the Watergate Special Prosecutor. I have argued 18 cases before the Supreme Court of the United States, most involving constitutional issues.

I find it utterly astonishing that Bill 1098 could be taken seriously enough to warrant a hearing before your Committee. I would find it difficult to use it as a “hypothetical” in one of my constitutional law classes, because even first year law students would have so little difficulty seeing why the bill goes well beyond the powers that the Constitution allows the States to exercise in dealing with organized churches.

Great stuff as to this silliness. See Queers vs. Catholics in Connecticut at Southern Appeal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can the United Nations support this bill?