Sunday, September 12, 2010

Does Melville Need To Go Negative Against Congressman Fleming of Louisiana?

Across the political divide Daily King Fish has Will Melville go negative on Millionaire John Fleming?

Well I don't the answer to what if he shall do. However I think he would be stupid to do so. First and foremost is what would the point be? Fleming is going to win!!! Many voters, like myself, view this race as very nationalized!! We need split Government and having another procedural DEM vote from North Louisiana would not help that.

However what about the future. As I have mentioned ,I think Fleming's problem is not so much his voting record but his tone and personality at times. Right now the race is very nationalized. In two years it might not be.

Taking off my partisan GOP glasses for a second my suggestion to Melville would stay positive. Look at this as a get to know me tour. Look I am nice intelligent Methodist pastor politico that is much more Buddy Roemer / "Jim" McCrery like that happens to be a democrat.

In other words this is stage one of campaign 2012.

Going negative will force perhaps some voters that might look at you in 12 to go TRIBAL. Us and against them!!! Thus you might lose voters, that because they have gone tribe ,might not give you a fair hearing to you if Fleming sort of gets old in the future.

In this election year environment Melville has no chance. However in two years who knows. If I was advising Melville I would say think long term. The 2012 election for the Congressional seat will start the day after this year's election.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I don't see him doing it, I just don't think it is in his nature. He will run a tougher campaign than some think, but negative attack ads - I don't think so.

James H said...

Well he need manage some of Roemer's campaigns I thought but of course being the person in public that does the hardball is a different matter