Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras Shows Frightening Side of Tea Party Movement


Traditional Anglican and Louisiana Tea party Officer!!! Meet your future scary new political master people. What is going on exactly beind that mask? Prepare to be under his hoof!!

All kidding aside he was in one of the parades last Friday in New Orleans and has some hilarious (but sound) advice for Mardi Gras folks at Some More Mardi Gras Advice (And Ranty Observations)


Here are some
Running along beside me begging me for a doubloon and/or explaining your terminal illness / desperate situation / sickness / relative’s sickness will get you nada. Please. I’m handing out near worthless bits of aluminum here, not spare kidneys.....


Tugging at my costume / tugging on the horse’s tail to get my attention, or trying to scare the horse. It happens all the time. I’m balanced precariously on my ride – I’m wearing about 40 pounds of costume and have another 30 pounds of throws on the horse. If someone is willing to risk injuring me (that fall is nasty) for a simple trinket, they don’t deserve one. Besides, do you know what kind of damage a spooked horse can do in a crowd?? The people who do this are why I think we should be allowed to wear spurs and carry sabers as part of our regalia. And use them.....



My final, uber-I-won’t-give-you-a-doubloon-pet-peeve: Doubloon Collectors. Because horse riders in our Krewe throw a specific doubloon, and there are only 10-20 of us in any given parade, those doubloons tend to be pretty rare. And doubloon collectors covet them since they want a ‘full set’ (silver, gold, green and ours – purple), often to sell. Look, I collected doubloons as a kid. I think it’s cool to do that as a kid. (I even found some of my collection of 60’s and 70’s doubloons in my parent’s attic after Katrina.) But when you’re a portly middle-age guy alone at a parade, with specially made dump pouches for your belt, well… you’re not cool anymore. And I’m not going to give you squat, especially when you stick your hand out and say, “I need 15 purple”. Dude, you don’t need “15 purple” - you need a freakin’ life.
More at the link

2 comments:

.....CLIFFORD said...

You just wait till Sarah Palin shows up in an ermine-trimed velvet mu-mu like mine. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The Grey Man said...

You should see RedStick in knickers and gogo boots for the ball. I'll provide pictures for a large sum of cash. Or a twinkie.