Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sports Radio Guys That Are Insecure With Their Sexuality

I have been watching the Olympics a good bit. I love the Winter Olympics!!! However we have a problem. Millions of American men are having to stay in the "closet" as it were to a crucial part of the Olympics.

That is the issue of Figure Skating and yes ICE Dancing!!! It is ok to admit you like the Hockey a, the skiing and of course the curling but boy talk about these two sports and it is a different story.

Why? Because it has guys in it!! There seems to be a underlying tone that if you like this you might be gay or something to be blunt.

When did this occur? I don't recall this attitude in the 90's. This might be more a Southern Radio Sports radio guy thing. I don't know. But it is annoying. Everything comes with the intro boilerplate - "I was watching the Olympics last night But of course not the ice skating which I would never watch and if I watch it is because the mean ole wife or girlfriend MAKES me watch it after which I take a long shower to decontaminate myself blah blah blah"

First why would guys not find this enjoyable to watch. The girls are in most cases pretty HOT. Also I suspect most guys also are thinking, but don't admit, as to the male ice skaters the same thing they do as to male cheerleaders they see on the sidelines at football games.

That is BOY I WISH THAT WAS ME. Can you imagine getting to hang out with attractive women all the time?

Also many of these guys were former Hockey players and such. Very man like sports!!

Why if a guy is graceful and athletic then some people get all nervous? You think you can jump around and throw a girls all over the place without breaking your leg?

So yes I know that according to reports 60 percent of the Olympic viewership is female. This demographic loves all the Ice skating and Ice Dancing stuff. However I highly suspect most guys get so nervous of what people will think that they are LYING to the Neilson folks. We see this happen in politics as to polling about controversial candidates all the time.



So today get on the radio and tell the mostly male radio guys we exist!!!

No comments: