Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kathleen Kennedy Townsend Blasts Catholic Church

Oh No I thought they were all gone!!!

She has such gems in this interview as

The churches have failed America because they've narrowed faith to three issues: abortion, same-sex marriage and stem cell research," Townsend said. "And I thought that my faith tradition was we should care about the least among us. We should care about the poor, health care, immigration.

Oh good grief. Yes the Catholic Church is famous for not caring about immigrants, the poor, and of course they had nothing to say on Heath Care (Sarc)

"Why are we hearing more about abortion and less about immigrants?" she asked. "That's always the criticism that they seem to be more interested in the unborn rather than the people actually here among us.

What? Was she out of the country in 2006 and 2007. Has she been listening to their statements in the last few weeks?

The church has struck back, denying her speaking engagements at Catholic schools in her home diocese of Baltimore.
"But that happened a while ago and I just realized they are afraid of women," she said with a chuckle. "And it took them 300 years to realize that Galileo was right."


Oh Heavens. Well at least for the foreseeable future we shall have no more Kennedys in public "service"

Much more if you can stand it at Religion and politics: Devout Catholic Kathleen Kennedy Townsend still pushing church buttons

Tip of the Hat to the Pewsitter

5 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Honestly, the Kennedy clan are sure clueless when it comes to their faith. So...caring about the "least among us" is her priority? Then maybe she should think of the unborn children who are being killed, are they not the least among us?

They just can't see the hypocrisy in what they say! She talks about the Catholic Church not caring about women? Does she honestly believe that Planned Parenthood does? Really?

The Catholic Church isn't afraid of women, they're trying to wake them up to the reality that what they call "woman's lib" is just the opposite.

If she's so concerned about the plight of women in this country, maybe she should look at her own party that attacked Hillary Clinton with misogynistic put downs and the feeding frenzy that the media had when she ran for President. If I recall, her brother Teddy was in the thick of that crowd.

I have to wonder how much money and volunteer time Kathleen Kennedy has spent with Catholic Charities? Something tells me that it's a big fat zero.

Mary Ellen said...

Oh...and sorry for the rant. I guess the story just hit a nerve with me. Must control temper..it's Lent. ;-)

James H said...

Rant all you like :)

THe whole story she trys to spin is so dishonest. I can't believe she trys to tell it with a staright face

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Here is my web blog: ford ranger

Anonymous said...

I pay a quick visit daily a few web sites and blogs to read content, except this webpage presents feature based content.


My web blog operacesky.net