Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No Christmas Church For the Obama Family

Deacon Bench touches on this at The Obamas' church-less Christmas

I have to admit I am a tad sadden by it too. Thought the Obamas are Protestant and a good many Protestants don't have Christmas services. I have no idea what the United Church of Christ tradition is on this.

Still I always loved the symbolism of it. I like when the President goes across the street to St Johns (The Church of Presidents). I think it is important. It would have been nice if the President had gone to Pearl Harbor or some military base for instance on Christmas Eve or Christmas day for services. I think would have been nice.

Still I realize the Obama's are not Methodist/Episcopalian like Bush so no skin off my nose. Still Symbols are important especially when we are at war.

No comments: