Monday, October 19, 2009

Louisiana Catholic Lt. Gov. Jimmy Fitzmorris Jr. Is Still Alive and Kicking

That is good too hear. I always liked Fitzmorris . He was one of the early New Orleans' politico good guys. I had the pleasure of meeting him once (NO TWICE I ment him also when I was a Kid) and he is a great Catholic as well as a citizen. I even bought his book at a Used book Store .

That is Frankly Fitz.

Anyway the New Orleans Catholic News Paper has a nice profile on him and how he loves Louisiana, New Orelean and his Catholic faith. It is in PDF form here

Fitz comes from that generation of Louisiana Catholic Politician such as Democrat Congresswoman Lindy Boggs that were not a National Catholic scandal on the TV . Ahh the good ole days

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

The good ol' days is right...I wish we had more around like him.

James H said...

I so wish too. What a more innocent time it was