Friday, October 23, 2009

How Did England Go to Hell in a Handbasket

Hey I am a red blooded American that celebrate the Fourth of July and such and sings that song that references the Battle of New Orleans song that caused such a fuss with us and the British. But goodness I still respect the Mother Country in many ways.

What in the hell happen. I actually visit a ton of UK blogs and when those blog folks come to American they just gush over American Patriotism. Hell what happened to British Patriotism!!!

I swear every post I see on this theme is "It is so nice to see Americans respect the flag and be Patriotic".

Well goodness you have the Queen and the Magna Carta, and the Common law so why are you almost embarrassed by it? I mean you gave rule of law and governance to half the World!!! Yes you have some dark moments so do all of us including Americans.

I just don't get how the UK that stood against the forces of evil in the moment it looked like it might prevail but did not because of the bravery of it citizens seems well embarrassed over it. This is a theme seen over again and again. Why I don't know.

I don't get it. You have a Country that still has people alive shaped by the BLITZ during WWII and they are embarrassed to be British!! Where does this guilt complex come from?

I was thinking of this when I saw this horrific post and picture by Revolution 21. See The jihadists may have a point

It makes me want to throw up!!! Was there not one young English man that had the sense to go and knock the hell out of of that idiot pissing on a memorial of the war dead?

Now it seems that so much of the precious English heritage that shaped my country and the rest of world is about to be GONE WITH THE WIND at least in the UK. How did this happen? It is frightening because my God it could happen here unless we understand it's root causes and prevent it.

Again looking for answers here!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could answer you question.

I live in England and the government has such a secular agenda going that its bad.

They are so keen to protect all the immigrants that they are happy to trample on the rights of the average British person.

They hate anyone who is religious, they hate anyone who wants to stick for for their country and keep to their culture destroyed and humiliated.

They want spreading the word made illegal, faith schools shut down, the Church of England stripped of power and any religious teaching banned.

As an English Catholic in a mainly Atheist country its not easy.

Include to that a culture so fixated about buying and drinking too much and you have your answer...

I truly hope the US never goes this way because we'll need a place to flee one day.