Monday, October 19, 2009

Baptist Church to Burn Bibles On Halloween

Goodness. I must say even when I was a Baptist I never got this whole King James Controversy. Standing on my Head has Bibioclasm in in North Carolina

I guess if they think everything besides KJV is corrupt maybe they have in their minds a case. I mean we Catholics were destroying Bibles that were misleading in the ole days. Still it seems sort of strange to have a "Bible burning" in the South.

Update this is the article on the this Church"Barbecue"

3 comments:

Chris Osgood said...

One time I preached at a KJV only church and I preached out of the NKJV and I was the one that got kicked out. It is a mess.

James H said...

I never got the KJV controverys I supect you know the dynmaics better. Why do a much of Baptist thing Some English King got it right

It was never a big issue in our Church though we used the King James version which in many ways is very nice. There was never a sermon against those that liked another translation

Mary Ellen said...

Wow...Bible book burning, never thought I'd see that unless it was being done by atheists or satanist.

Unfortunately, that kind of thing does nothing buy sow hate and division and that's not what any Christian church should be doing. I mean really, WBWJB? (Which Bible Would Jesus Burn).