Saturday, April 27, 2013

Strange Challenge For Christians - Wear An Atheist T - Shirt



The Friendly Atheist highlights this sort of strange challenge at Challenge to Christians: Wear an Atheist T-Shirt and Gauge Reactions

The person behind this idea goes on to say :" If a person comments (friends, family, church members, strangers) you’re not allowed to divulge which religion you actually are, or explain yourself in any way. You must only listen to what they say and respond with “I’d rather not talk about it!” "

I think if friends, family or my fellow church people saw me wearing as a practicing Catholic wearing an Atheist T-shirt  they would no doubt ask me why I was wearing an atheist T-Shirt and would engage me for obvious good reasons. Not seeing any "persecution" in that . Besides that  when you become an walking billboard for something the purpose often to promote  a viewpoint. They want feedback !!

The Friendly Atheist says there are bonus points if you do this in the South. The comments are sort of amusing as to all the imagined responses to that. I suspect most people would not comment at all.


3 comments:

Snowbrush said...

The point was to see what it's like to walk in another person's shoes, in this case the shoes of an atheist who lives in an overwhelmingly Christian environment that consists of people whose proclaimed love for their enemies doesn't preclude heaping hatred and abuse upon atheists.

Anonymous said...

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do think that you need to write more on this topic, it might
not be a taboo subject but generally people do not discuss such subjects.

To the next! Many thanks!!

My weblog グッチ 時計

Majeda K. said...

Once Vamped T-Shirt Printing
We are open for business! Both online and local.. Welcome and Shopping your best one......!!!
Thank You.