Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rod Dreher Makes Case For Louisiana Expats and other Small Town Expats To Return Home

I thought this was a rather nice article by Rod Dreher in the Business Report .


......That might be what set the hotheaded undergraduate editorialist I was on fire. But truth to tell, as folks who lived through that dismal era of Louisiana politics can attest, it could have been any number of things. Whatever the catalyst, the point of the incendiary piece was to say goodbye to all that. The cynicism of our politics, the populist scorn for excellence, the economic storm and stress that Louisiana institutions seemed incapable of dealing with, and so on—all these things signaled to my generation of college students that we didn't have much of a future here at home.


Five years later, after the failed Roemer Revolution, and having had to vote for the Lizard to keep the Wizard from becoming governor, I fulfilled my own Daily Reveille prophecy. I quit my job at The Advocate, loaded up a U-Haul Gentle-Ride van, and lit out for the East Coast, never to return...

Read
The case for coming home-The nationally known author explains how culture played a key role in his decision to return to Louisiana.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this paragraph is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing such things, thus
I am going to convey her.

Also visit my blog post: Online Graduate certificate