Thursday, September 4, 2008

Screw the Talking Heads- I loved John McCain's Speech

Here is the full text

I think the Speech played very well on TV and was very thoughtful. A part of it brought me to tears. John McCain will not be Reagan in speaking style. I hate to keep reminding people but Reagan aint coming back.

Yeah it was not full of the VIGOR and ROBUST EXCITEMENT of the Palin speech but did it need too?

A little observation that I have made the last few days. I have seen a lot more of McCain walking around besides just sitting down or behind a podium. I never knew the true effect of his war injuries till now. Just little things. Like those cute pictures when he sort of tries to bend down and talk to Gov Palin daughter Piper. You notice that he he can't exactly do it. I now have noticed how truly limited his upper body movement is. My Uncles , far younger than McCain are suffering hell from old football injuries as older age sets in.

God only know what McCain is feeling. That is not a slam on his health and it appears to me that he quite robust. However a lot of "vigor" in speech making often is associated with body language. John McCain is sort of inhibited in that in some ways.

Anyway I give speech a very healthy B+ if not an A. I thought it told so much of the man and his vision for the country . A man that I am sorry to say perhaps has even been unfairly beat on my conservatives at times.

I thought is was a very serious speech for serious times. Also a wonderful sort of call for arms.

No comments: